Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Diamond Star Ball Waltz Solo

How do I get talked into these things? I know how.. my dance instructor (Sam) is extremely persuasive.. he manages to work through all my arguments and finishes it up with the sweetest puppy dog eyes (ask Loui.. it really works on me!).
At March's Diamond Ball I'll be doing 9 dances.. yes.. you read that right 9!! My feet hurt just thinking about it. 2 Tango's, 2 East Coast Swing, 2 Waltz (one of them being a solo), 2 Merengue and a Salsa. The Salsa is just cos.. and as a newcomer, because it's not in my program, and except for a special Christmas bonus lesson I've not taken any classes in it. Gosh it makes me dizzy!

So far we've worked out our Merengue routine, now I need to get a "cuban motion" thing going in front of a mirror. I just can't seem to do it. The instructors all make it look so easy, but I assure you, it's not. That's the main reason why my only real rhythm dance is Swing!! They may have made some crazy mistake over awarding me first in the Merengue at match comp.. but I'm sure they will see the error of their judging ways come the Showcase.

I need a new short dress, and long dress. I was thinking of doing a skirt/shirt combo for the short, as I'm making a gorgeous 6 gored skirt at home (while learning to make it in class with an easier fabric) that is teal. Just have to find either a simple plain (black) top, or a simple patterns for the top.

This is the pattern for the 6 gore skirt, it's the Butterick #4136:



Any ideas for the long smooth dress? Needs to be at least ankle length, and have great motion!

BFN

No comments:

 

Made by Lena