Monday, October 20, 2008

Back to blogging

After I stopped writing my last blog, I haven't been able to get in the swing of writing a new one.

I thought it might be easier if I tried to be a lot more general... and write about the most interesting thing in my life... me!

Well sort of. I've been on a mission this year to learn new things. Not necessarily work related, or related to anything except something I "feel like" doing.
As a result, over the past 6 months, I've started learning ballroom dancing, sewing, and have taken some cooking classes.

Yesterday I took the second in a series of three classes learning how to sew PJ pants. It was all going swimmingly up until my fabric folded itself under as I was snipping with the scissors. I cut a lil slit in the leg of the pants.. :( Oh well, apparently they have this stuff you can make patches from the fabric you're using. Will do that next week.

Jessica helped me fit the dress I'm working on at home (from this pattern: Butterick B4790. My figure is closer to the ladies in the drawing.. sadly the pattern allows for a smaller chest, larger waist, and smaller hips. We moved all of the darts on the front, to try and stop my chest hanging out the sides. I'm hanging it right now (since the skirt is partially cut on the bias) and we'll hem it today or tomorrow. Then I have to attach an incredibly large amount of bias tape to the edges. I am thinking of making a small V at the neck too, so my chest doesn't just extend out forward so much (the line of it).



More tomorrow!

No comments:

 

Made by Lena