Saturday, November 22, 2008

Polka Pink Wrap Skirt


I used Kwik Sew Pattern 2954.  Got some lovely pink polka dot fabric from Sew LA and used some thread I had from another project.

The hardest part of this pattern was cutting the darn thing out.  Because I needed to cut the largest piece twice, as it's too big to fit on folded fabric.  I have a very limited space in which to cut, and it's on the floor!  This means sore knees and lots of sitting down and getting up, or bending.  

The other slightly difficult part is making the Tie's.  I should have followed the pattern to a T, it would have been easier.  That or owned a tube turner.  I tried a little "turning" gadget I'd bought at Mood Fabrics, but it just wouldn't grab onto the fabric, and stay grabbed on.

I didn't end up liking the skirt in the end, it's just not my style, and it feels like I've wrapped a sheet around myself when I'm wearing it.

Might reuse the fabric for something else.. since it uses so much of it!

BFN

No comments:

 

Made by Lena