Monday, November 3, 2008

Started Tote-bags

Sunday I started my tote-bag class. So far so fun! I really don't understand why everyone else is so slow at sewing class. I know I perhaps could go a "little" slower and take more care, but seriously people.. slooooooooooooooooow. I was done with all my cutting, and had the teacher keep stopping the other students mid-something else to come over and see what I was up to.
I think perhaps I just "dive in" whereas a lot of other people prefer to do it perfectly the first time. I know I'm making "house" dresses and shopping totes at the moment.. nothing I could ever wear in public, nor give away as gifts etc.

Will post a pic of my "work in progress" aka skull tote asap.

I've also started making a wrap skirt from some cute polka dot fabric. It was a serious pain to cut out, because I had to cut one piece on a single layer of fabric.. twice, as it was too wide for just one. I don't have a great deal of room on my floor, combined with cats who are absolutely determined to sit on _anything_ I put on the floor.

Fun stuff, BFN

No comments:

 

Made by Lena